Health ResourcesYour health is our number one priority!
University of Maryland Health Partners offers many resources to educate and empower you to take charge of your health.
Here are a few tips to live a healthier lifestyle:
- Make healthy food choices. Choose fruits, vegetables, and whole grains rather than foods high in sugar, salt, and fat, choose water instead of sugary drinks.
- Be active for at least 2 1/2 hours a week.
- Be smoke free. If you are ready to quit and would like free resouces, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569 for Spanish speakers).
- Get enough sleep. At least 7-8 hours a day
- Go see your doctor today!
- Healthy Weight BMI Calculator – for adults. Check your body mass index.
Nutrition is an important part of your health. Here are a few tips regarding healthy nutrition:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Weight
- My Food Diary
- Cutting Calories
- Portion Size Control