Things to know:
- Utilization Management (UM) staff are available by telephone, from 8 am to 5:30 pm EST, Monday through Friday (except company holidays), to render UM decisions.
- Obtaining prior authorization is the responsibility of the PCP or treating provider. Members who need prior authorization should work with their provider to submit the required clinical data.
- If you would like to contact the UM Department, please call 1-800-730-8530 or 1-410-779-9369. If the local telephone number is called the UM Department may accept collect calls. Or you can email us at email@example.com.
- University of Maryland Health Partners staff always identify themselves by name, title and name of organization when initiating of returning calls regarding UM issues.
- Language assistance is available for members to discuss UM issues. University of Maryland Health Partners also offers TDD/TTY services for members who are hard of hearing, deaf, and/or speech disabled.